Immerse yourself in the warm and welcoming environment of the The Old Rectory, an English country house in sunny East Anglia – a short two-hour drive from London.
William, Cambridge and Harvard economics graduate and his wife Jane, art historian and designer, host guests throughout the year.
Hand-selected, highly experienced tutors are here to help children improve their English language skills and knowledge in the main subjects of the British curriculum.
Parents too can improve their English language skills with their own private tutor and teatime conversations with William and Jane.
“Children and adults keep coming back year after year – they appreciate the academic, but at the same time domestic setting that allows them to focus on their studies, stay productive while still enjoying a good rest”, say William and Jane
English language tuition and preparation for entrance examinations into independent British schools
- Individual, tailored tuition to improve English language skills, with a focus on vocabulary, pronunciation, overcoming the language barrier and essay writing skills
- Individual tuition in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology – core subjects for entrance examinations to independent British schools
- Private lessons in traditional British sports practised at independent British schools, including horse riding, cricket, golf, tennis, ballroom dancing, sailing, fishing.
- Private British etiquette and culture lessons
- “Staying at the Norfolk tuition centre was an invaluable experience before moving to the UK. I moved to the advanced level of English and learned horse riding. I truly enjoyed our evening conversations with William and Jane.” – Ernest, 16, Marlborough College
- “Maxim really enjoyed his stay with William and Jane. We’ll make sure he puts more emphasis on reading English literature. Maxim also commented that his shadowing experience at the barrister’s in London, which William had organised, was extremely helpful to reconsider his potential study choices. Thank you very much for your warm welcome!” – Oleg, Maxim’s father
After lessons, children and adults can relax in the elegant country house or explore historic sights of the county of Norfolk.
Spend a day in the adventure park Bewilderwood, hire a motorboat and explore the famous Norfolk Broads waterways, visit ancient castles or enjoy the coast and watch the seals on the sandy beaches.
Cost of the programme for adults and children includes
- 4–8 hours of daily, individual tuition with private tutors;
- private traditional British sports lessons (Some sports are billed separately (such as helicopter flying lessons, golf and horse riding) ;
- accommodation in a private bedroom with all amenities and private bathroom;
- 3 home-cooked meals a day.
Call +44 (0) 2074935875 or email us to start creating your individual tuition, sports and cultural programme.
- In preparation for her Common Entrance Examinations, an intelligent, academically high-performing girl with weak English skills, unfamiliar with the British life and culture spent 2 months at our Norfolk Tuition Centre. As a result, she secured offers from all the five schools she had applied for. She accepted a place at the country’s top girls boarding school, Cheltenham Ladies’ College in Gloucestershire, where she is now an academically thriving student and top in the first teams for lacrosse and tennis.
- A schoolboy, who has enjoyed his previous stays at our Norfolk and Dorset Tuition Centres decided to return this summer for the third time and we suggested a change of scenery with a return to Norfolk. As part of his tailored tuition programme, he spent two days visiting law courts — junior magistrates and a London court — speaking to his interest in a career in law. On all other days enjoyed 3-4 hours of English tuition each day, as well as sports and other cultural outdoor activities, including a day trip to Cambridge and deep sea fishing.