Pre-prep School (4+ entry)
Pre-prep is the first stepping-stone to independent British education.
To enter pre-prep, children are required to complete a short assessment to demonstrate their English and social skills.
The 4+ assessment typically includes:
- a short interview with the Head of the school (answering questions and talking about themselves)
- playful tasks to complete in a small group setting (tasks may include matching colours, interacting with classmates to test behaviour and to give the teachers a feel for the child’s personality)
- assessment by our experts, former senior staff at London’s leading independent schools
- selection of suitable schools
- organisation of school visits to help you choose the pre-prep school that matches the skills and abilities of your child and prepares him or her for your preferred prep school
- private tuition with a hand-picked Bruton Lloyd tutor to prepare your child for the interview and the social skills assessment
Over the last five years the children we have worked with have entered the following pre-prep and prep schools
London day schools
- Dulwich College
- Francis Holland
- KCS Wimbledon
- Putney High
- Locker’s Park
Prep School (7+/8+ entry)
Prep school is the best preparation for entry into the Senior school at 11+ or 13+.
Some highly selective prep schools are considered ‘feeder’ schools for renowned senior schools, such as Eton, Harrow and Wycombe Abbey, and others that require a particularly strong academic record.
To enter prep school, your child will be asked to sit the 7+ entrance examinations.
The 7+ entrance examinations typically include assessments in the following subjects:
- Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning
While meeting academic requirements is important, a private Bruton Lloyd tutor will focus particularly on interview practice, especially with overseas candidates.
This includes exploring British etiquette and cross-cultural lessons, such as learning to make eye contact with the interviewer and how best to talk about achievements and interests.
To help put the child at ease during interview practice, a lot of our tutors have an acting background and have extensive experience working with young children.
- assessment with our experts, former senior staff at London’s leading independent schools
- organisation of school visits to help you choose the prep school that matches the skills and abilities of your child and prepares him for your preferred senior school
- private tuition with a hand-picked Bruton Lloyd tutor to prepare for the 7+ entrance examinations in English, Maths and (Non-)Verbal Reasoning
- preparation for and organisation of the UKiset test for overseas candidates
- educational guardianship for overseas families